Did you also forget your UAN Password? Don’t Worry! It is a normal thing as EPFO forces to set a complicated password. However, you can easily Reset your UAN password. It is a 2-minute process and similar to the common way of resetting any password. The whole process of UAN password reset goes through the following steps.
- Choose Forgot Password Option
- Enter UAN and captcha
- Verify Mobile number and get OTP
- Submit OTP
- Enter the new password and confirm it.
But this simple process becomes problematic if you have changed the mobile number. However, EPFO has come with a new and easy way to deal with this situation. I would tell you both ways to reset UAN password.
Recommended: What is UAN?
Reset UAN Password When Mobile Number Changed
Earlier, it was very difficult to log in at UAN portal if you did not have access to the registered mobile number. As Verification OTP is sent to your registered mobile number. The UAN helpline was the only way which is used to be busy.
But, Now there is a smooth process of password reset. Only you have to authenticate your identity. It happens by submitting some of your basic information. Note this method would work only if you have submitted any of the following 2 documents with EPFO.
I hope most of the employees must have given their PAN while registering for EPF scheme. So, You have to go through 6 steps to reset the new password when you have changed your mobile number.
Enter UAN To Reset Password
The process starts with visiting the UAN member portal. In the first page, you should find the login section. It would come at the bottom for mobile users. Tap on the ‘Forgot Password Link’
In the second step, you have to enter your UAN. The UAN is mandatory to reset the password. If you don’t remember, You can find out UAN through your EPF member ID, PAN or Aadhaar. You are also required to enter the Captcha seen on the screen.
1- After submitting the UAN and Captcha you would see your some digits of your mobile number. You can check it whether this number is present with you. As you have changed your mobile number you would not be able to get OTP on this number. Hence tap on ‘No’ button in this page.
2- Now you have to enter your basic detail – Name, Date of Birth and Gender. Note all the details should be exactly same as registered with EPFO.
3- After submitting the basic details, you are required enter Aadhaar or PAN. Enter the number tap to ‘Verify’.
4- The EPFO system verifies your PAN or Aadhaar with the registered details. If it matches, you would go to the next step.
5- Now you can enter your mobile number. To verify this mobile number an OTP is sent to this number. Submit this OTP.
6- Once you verify the OTP, you can see the field to reset the password. Enter your new password and confirm it. Note, the password should follow the prescribed format. I have listed the password rule below.
- The password should be minimum 7 characters long.
- At least one character must be in capital letter.
- There should be at least one special character ([email protected]#$%^&*_+).
- There should be minimum 4 alphabets.
- Password requires minimum 2 digits.
- the maximum length of the password should be 20 characters.
Reset UAN Password with Registered Mobile Number
This process is shorter and you can finish it within 2 minutes.
- Go to the unified member portal and scroll down to the login section. Desktop users would find it on the right side. Tap on the Forgot password.
- Enter your UAN and Captcha.
- Now you would see few digits if your mobile number. It asks to send OTP on that number. Tap on ‘Yes’ to get OTP.
- Enter OTP and tap on verify.
- After successful verification, you can enter the new password. You have to also confirm it.
Change UAN Password After Login
You can also easily change the UAN login password through the UAN dashboard. As you know that, UAN dashboard can be accessed after the UAN login. Once you reach to the dashboard, go to the ‘Account’ on the menu bar.
After the tap on Account, you would find the link to CHANGE PASSWORD. In the next page, you have to enter the existing and new password. You have to type the new password twice for verification. Not the rules of the password are applicable here as well. I have told these rules above.
Importance of UAN Member Portal
In this post, I have told you the method of UAN password reset and change. If you have forgotten the password, you must reset it using the given method. You would agree that this portal is very useful for all the EPF related tasks. You can do the following task online through the UAN member portal.
- View and print your UAN card
- Check your profile and change email ID and mobile number.
- Verify your service history
- Submit KYC details and Aadhaar number
- Modify name and date of birth as per Aadhaar.
- Online Nomination
- Apply for EPF transfer
- Apply for full or partial EPF withdrawal
The portal to download the EPF passbook is different but the login and password is same as UAN portal. Hence, the UAN password is also mandatory to download the passbook.