UAN Login at the unified member portal is the most important step for an EPF member. An EPF member can’t avoid UAN as every EPFO services are linked to it. The Unified UAN member portal login gives many new facilities which were not available earlier. You should also obtain the UAN earliest and login into UAN portal. Don’t Worry, The UAN login and registration is very easy and everyone can do this. But before going deep into the UAN member portal I would like to tell you a brief intro of the UAN or universal account Number
What is UAN
UAN or universal account number is a unique number given to every employee who contributes in EPF scheme. No two EPF member can have the same UAN. This UAN number does not change with the change of the job. Because of this universal number, you can easily transfer your EPF balance in case of the job switch.
Today every employee who deposits into the EPF account has the UAN number. If you don’t know it, contact your employer. To avail many benefits of the UAN, you must activate it. The activation of UAN is done through the UAN member portal. After the activation, you can easily know the EPF balance through the UAN. The EPF balance transfer also becomes very easy because of the Universal account number.
Unified UAN Member Portal Login
The UAN Member portal is a very important website of the EPFO. The address of this website is https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface . Many EPF related services are available on this website. You can use these services through UAN Login.
- EPF Withdrawals
- EPF claim Status check
- Download UAN card
- Verify your personal details
- Download passbook
- Check the EPF contribution
- Update or submit KYC details, For example, Aadhaar, bank account and PAN.
To avail these services you have to login into this UAN member portal. Every EPF member who has the UAN can login into this portal. However, the first time users have to register at UAN portal. With the registration at this portal, your UAN also gets activated.
Registration and Activation at UAN member Portal
The first time user of the UAN member portal has to a activate his/her UAN at the member portal.
- To activate your UAN, visit the UAN member portal (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface) and click at ‘Activate UAN’. This button is available below the UAN login box.
- You would see a form to fill. You can activate your UAN by entering any of the following 4 document details.
- EPF member ID
- After selecting one of the above options, enter name, date of birth, mobile number and email address.
- Follow the guidelines while filling the EPF number. Note, fill only that mobile number which is permanent as this number would be the only way to reset the forgot password and UAN login.
- After filling the details you have to enter the captcha and submit the form.
- For mobile number authentication, you would get an authorization PIN into your mobile. Read the SMS and enter the PIN. You have to also tick on a small declaration and submit the form.
- Once you submit the details, you would see your name, date of birth and employer details. verify it and create the password. The password should be alphanumeric, have minimum 1 special character and 8-25 character long. Special characters are !@#$%^&*(). Note you have to remember the password to login the UAN member portal.
- Give email address and submit. This completes the UAN registration and activation. You would also get a confirmation SMS.
To login at UAN member portal, you have to use the user id and password. Your UAN number would act as the user ID while password would be the same which was created at the time of UAN activation.
If you forgot the password, you can reset it. An OTP is sent to your mobile number to reset the password.
After the UAN login, you would reach at UAN dashboard. You would get following option within the UAN dashboard.
- Member Pass Book Download
- Download UAN Card
- Previous Member-IDs
- List Previous Member ID
- View Status
- Transfer Claim
- File Transfer Claim
- View Transfer Claim Status
- System Generated Transfer Claim Status
- Edit Mobile Number
- Edit Email Id
- Update KYC Information
- Change Password
- Edit Personal Details
- Contact us
- Helpdesk Email
- Helpdesk Number
UAN Login: Member Portal Tasks
As I have told UAN member portal gives many services once you login into it. I am giving brief instruction to avail these services.
Online PF Withdrawal
Recently, EPFO has launched the online PF withdrawal facility. Using this service, you can get the final settlement amount, pension and PF advance as well. The process is very simple and requires few minutes. You can even get money within few hours.
To avail this facility, you have to go to the ‘Online services’ menu. Choose the ‘withdrawal claim’ link. You would be able to fill the online PF withdrawal form if you fulfill the condition.
First of all, you need to login to the UAN Member Portal with your UAN and password. Go to the ‘Download’menu and select ‘Download Passbook’. You would see the passbook on the screen. Also, There is a link given to download PDF of this passbook.
How To Download UAN card
You need to login first with your valid UAN and password. Then go to ‘Download’ Menu and select an option ‘Download UAN Card’. PDF of UAN card can be downloaded by selecting the given link. you can take a printout of the card as well.
listing of previous Member IDs
You can also list your previous EPF member IDs through the UAN dashboard. By listing previous member Ids, you can see the details of all the EPF accounts at one place. You can also check the eligibility of online PF transfer through this listing.
However, If the UAN number of the previous employment is same, the previous PF member ID gets listed itself.
Change mobile number and Email
You can also change your mobile number and email id through the UAN dashboard. Remember, you must change the mobile number in case you are going to abandon your existing mobile number.
To change a mobile number and email, you need to go to Profile Menu in the UAN Member Portal and select an option ‘Edit Mobile No.’/ ‘Edit Email ID’. Give new details and submit.
Update KYC details
You can easily update your KYC detail through the UAN member portal. To perform this task, go to the ‘Profile’ menu and select ‘Update KYC Information’.
Now you can upload the copy of the document. The size of the scanned document should not exceed 300 KB. However, your employer must approve the uploaded KYC document. The employer can do it digitally. Till then, the status of KYC will be shown as ‘Pending’.
You can update following documents through the UAN member portal
- National Population Register (NPR)
- Permanent Account Number (PAN)
- Bank Account Number
- Driving License
- Election Card
- Ration Card
- ESIC Card (Being introduced shortly)
Among these, Aadhaar, bank account number and PAN are most important.
Benefits of Completing KYC process
Members with KYC completed will benefit with following services
- Smooth EPF transfer.
- Smooth withdrawal of PF Amount
- Transparency in their accounts
- Members who have activated their account would get a monthly SMS intimation of their monthly PF
Services after UAN activation at Member portal
You can also avail these services after the UAN activation at UAN portal. These are not listed at UAN dashboard but given to EPF member after the activation.
- Post Activation member receives SMS about EPF balance and credits/debits to their EPF account.
- You can give a missed call to get details about their PF account.
- Members can download EPF mobile app to track their EPF account.
- You may list all existing EPF accounts – EPFO would facilitate the consolidation of all accounts.
Aadhaar Enabled UAN benefits
I have told you that through the UAN member portal login you can upload the Aadhaar details. So, I recommend you to perform this task as soon as you login into the UAN portal. An Aadhaar enabled UAN number gives many benefits.
- You can submit all the claims directly to EPFO. It means withdraw EPF without employer signature.
- You can submit Online applications for all EPFO services.
- No need to go to the employers for claims attestation.
For queries related to the UAN Member Portal, you may contact: UAN Helpdesk Number : 18001-18005 UAN Helpdesk Email Id : [email protected]
Also Read: UAN helpline and Helpdesk
In this post, I have told you about the UAN login and UAN Member Portal dashboard and available functions. Gradually UAN has taken center space in all the EPF related services. Soon, you would see the UAN 2.0 with many extra benefits. Subscribe the newsletter for updates.