The UAN or Universal Account number is a ‘must know’ number of every private sector employee. You can’t avoid this number. If you contribute the into the EPF account, you can’t ignore UAN number anymore. Today, all the services of EPFO are linked to the UAN number. the EPF balance check, transfer, withdrawal, and many more tasks are dependent upon the UAN. The UAN has made the all the operations of EPF very easy.
Did your employer tell you the UAN no? Do you know your UAN number? If not, act immediately to find out the UAN. It is a matter of your retirement savings. Today I will tell you the way to get UAN number online. The process is simple and It takes only five minutes. But before that, I would like to introduce you to the Universal Account Number.
What Is UAN
UAN number stands for Universal Account Number, It means this number would work everywhere. Go to any job, this 12 digit UAN number would remain the same. Unlike EPF account number, it does not change with the change of the job. The employee Provident Fund Organisation Allots UAN number to every active member of EPF.
The employee Provident Fund Organisation Allots UAN number to every active member of EPF scheme. Till 10/10/2016, 7.86 crore UAN number allotted to the members of EPF. There are about 15 crore EPF members. Almost every active member of EPF has got the UAN.
Benefits of UAN
The universal account number gives us many benefits. As I have told above that UAN has simplified the may tasks of EPF. I have listed some benefits of EPF. To know in details about the features and benefits of UAN, you should read another post.
- The UAN portal gives you access to the EPF passbook
- After the UAN activation, you can easily know EPF balance status through the missed call and SMS.
- UAN automatically transfers the EPF balance from one account to another after the job switch.
- The combination of UAN number and Adhaar number has made the EPF withdrawal an online affair.
- The linking of Adhaar with UAN facilitates the EPF withdrawal without the employer’s signature.
UAN Number Activation
The various online facilities of UAN is available to you only after the activation of UAN number. The UAN activation can be done through the UAN portal, EPF app and through the SMS from registered mobile number. You must activate the UAN to enjoy the benefits of UAN.
The UAN number of EPF has its own UAN member portal. This portal handles all the UAN related operations. Through this portal you can perform following tasks. check out your EPF passbook, You can upload the Adhaar and KYC documents. You can also link your previous EPF account number through the UAN portal. The UAN activation is also done through this portal.
- Check status of UAN allotment
- UAN activation
- Check out your EPF passbook
- You can upload the Adhaar and KYC documents
- You can also link your previous EPF account number
How To Get UAN or Universal Account Number
In the normal course, you employer should give the UAN to every employer. Rather, the employer should print the UAN number in the salary slips. However, there are many employers who don’t tell the UAN to its employee.
Such employee can get the UAN number through the UAN portal. The EPFO has given the facility to check the status of UAN. I will tell you the process to check the UAN Status. However, you should have certain information with your to get the UAN number.
Information Required To Get The UAN number
You should have these details before going for the UAN number search.
- PF number – You can get it from the salary slip.
- Date of birth – As with the records of EPFO. Sometimes it may differ.
- Name- as in the PF records.
- Mobile number – you should possess the mobile as PIN would be sent on the given number.
Visit The UAN Members e-Sewa Portal
Go to the portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/. Click on ‘Know your UAN status.’
Fill The PF Account Details
Fill the PF number details in the given columns. After filling the PF number click at check status.
Give Personal Details For Verification
You will get the information whether your UAN number is allotted or not. If yes, you would be asked to give other details for the verification. You need to fill the member name, date of birth, mobile number and email address. The name and DOB should match with EPFO records. Also, you need to give a password as after the verification you would be automatically registered with the UAN member portal. Fill the CAPTCHA and click on ‘GET PIN’.
Enter Authorization PIN
You will receive the PIN at your mobile number. Fill this pin at the given column. Click on the checkbox of ‘ I Agree’. Now, click the submit button.
Note Down the Universal Account Number (UAN)
In the next page you can see your UAN number in the green color font. The message would be like this -“Your UAN is XXXXXXXXXXXX. Login to http://uanmembers.epfoservices.in/ with user ID XXXXXXXXXXXX and password chosen by you.” You will also receive an SMS with UAN number.
This process not only tells you the universal account number, but also it gets you registered with UAN member e-Sewa portal. You can log in at the portal using UAN and password.
Benefit Of Registration At ‘UAN Member e-Sewa Portal’
The UAN member e-Sewa portal gives you following facilities.
- You can download the updated EPF passbook. The passbook will tell you the PF balance. This EPF balance can be also used for taking the loan.
- You can link your previous PF accounts.
- You can upload KYC data.
- You can change mobile no and email address.
- You can apply for the online PF transfer.
- You can use the missed call facility to check PF account balance.
Don’t delay find your universal account number (UAN) immediately. The key of your provident fund should remain with you.