Do you want to know the EPF status without the UAN? Do you find it difficult track your EPFO account without UAN? Don’t worry, there is still hope. You can check EPF balance without the UAN as well.
You may be aware that through UAN you can easily access your EPF passbook and EPF balance. Those, who has activated the UAN can also get the EPF balance through the SMS and the missed call. In fact, there are 7 ways to check the EPF account balance. But, the EPF Account balance without the UAN is not so easy. I would tell you the way out.
There are two ways to check the EPF balance without the UAN. The first way tells you the EPF balance in the form of an SMS. While the second way gives much more information. It gives you the whole passbook of your EPF account.
However, I must tell you that these are the old methods of EPF balance check. They may be phased out the future. Every present employee should have a UAN, if not one can also generate a UAN for himself. Thus try to get UAN as soon as possible. You can also check you UAN status online.
Requirement To Check EPF Status
To use these methods of EPF status check, you need an internet connection. This method works through the EPFO website. Besides, the internet connection you must keep the following information.
- Your Complete PF Account Number
- Your name, as given to the EPFO
- Active Mobile number
I understand, that there may be some members who even don’t know their PF account number. Sorry for them, because there is no way to check EPF balance without PF account number or UAN. So, to get PF number, pull out the salary slips or talk to your employer.
Get EPF Status On your Mobile
2. Go through the instructions. I am reproducing it.
Please click on the following link to know the balance in your EPF Account upto the date, the accounts are updated, which also includes the latest approved transactions of settlement/advances/transfer-in/transfer-out,if any.
Select the EPFO office where your account is maintained and furnish your PF Account number.
Leave the extension field blank, in case your account does not have one.
You will be asked to enter your name and mobile number. The given mobile number will be recorded along with the PF Account Number.
On successful submission of above information, the details will be sent through SMS to the given mobile number.
3. Click on ‘Click Here to know your EPF Balance’. You would reach to another page (http://epfoservices.in/epfo/member_balance/member_balance_office_select.php)
4. Now Select your EPF office State. The first two letters of your EPF account is for the EPF state. For example DS for Delhi, MH for Maharashtra. Note, if you are not working at headquarters, your EPF state may be different. So it is better to check with the EPF account number.
5. Select the EPF office. After choosing the state, you would see offices located in the state. You have to select the office where your organisation is registered. If you don’t have an idea, check again your EPF account number. The three alphabets after the state code are the office code.
6. Fill account number carefully.
There are three rows to fill. In the first row, you would see the space for the account number. The first 5 alphabets of your account number would be already there. Now you have to fill the numbers from your PF account number.
Notice, your EPF account number would be separated by many slashes. The number just after the alphabets is your organisation/establishment code. It should be of maximum 7 digits. Enter this number in the next empty field. After
Now you have two empty fields in the account number row. But do you have 2 blocks of the numbers in your account? Might be not. If there is only one block of number is left, enter it into the last field and leave the intermediate field blank. The fourth field of PF account number is for the extension. Most of the PF account numbers don’t have the extension. Leave it
Enter the Account number in the last field. This is the most important number.
7. Enter your Name and mobile number. Your name should be written exactly same as it is given to the EPFO.
8. Click on the checkbox of the terms and condition.
9. Submit the request.
After this submission, you would get the SMS about your PF balance.
EPF balance in account number XX/XXX/*******/***/***** is EE Amt: ₹ *****, AMT: ₹ ****** as on )-EPFO
Note that amount is divided under two heads, The first one ‘EE’ is the employee contribution. While second one ‘ER’ is the contribution from the employer. You will see that employer contribution is less. This is because some amount of its contribution goes towards the pension scheme (maximum 541 rupees per month).
Download PF Passbook Through Member Portal
In this method of EPF status check, you not only get to know the EPF account balance but also get the whole account statement. You can keep the EPF passbook for further reference. This method works on EPF member portal. This portal was made before the UAN initiative.
- To check the EPF balance status through the Member portal you need to register with it. Registration is simple and it only asks for PF number, name and identity proof detail.
After the registration, you have to log in to member portal. For the login, you don’t need to remember the password. The KYC document number and mobile number is enough. To verify the authenticity, an OTP (one time password) is sent to your mobile.
After the login, you can download the PF passbook after giving PF number. Anone-timee password would be sent again to your mobile number for authentication.
Once the PIN gets authenticated, you would see the link to download the EPF passbook. Sometimes, it takes the time to present EPF passbook on members portal.
Note: The EPF e-Passbook is available to those whose employer has uploaded the e-Challan and return.
Important Points of EPF Passbook Download
- Only one mobile number can be used for one registration.
- You can change mobile number any time.
- You can see only one EPF account under one establishment.
- Register using different ID proofs and mobile number to check the details of the different accounts.
- It is not possible to see settled or inoperative accounts.
I hope, you would now easily check EPF status. However, Don’t forget to get UAN because It gives many facilities along with EPF account status.