PF is the only big saving for many of us. PF remains the only amount on which we relied at the time of retirement. Hence it must be dear to you and you should be concerned about it also. You should know if your employer depositing PF contribution regularly. Because there are many PF frauds happening where employer did not submit the PF amount. That is why you should check your PF balance online regularly.
You must have an idea that how much money you have accumulated in EPF account. Earlier for this, you have to depend upon your employer who used to give PF slips. But now you can check your PF balance online. You will get your PF balance information through the SMS.
What You Have to Give For Checking PF balance Online
- EPFO office where your company is registered.
- PF number
- Name as in the pay slip of PF slip.
- Your mobile number
Recommended Read – It’s Your Money, Here Is The Rule To Withdraw PF Without Employer Signature
Steps To know the PF Balance Online
1- Visit ‘Know Your EPF Balance’ Page
To know the PF balance you have to visit the Know your EPF Balance Page. On the page, click on the know your EPF balance link.
2-Select Your State
On the next page you have to select in which state your employer is registered. It may be that you are working in Tamilnadu office, but registered office of the company is in Delhi.
3- Select Your Regional PF Office
After selection of state you have to select the regional PF office. There are many regional PF offices in every state. If you don’t know, check your salary slip there must be some code before the PF number (e. g. DL/NHP/xxxxxxx/000/xxxxxxxx). The first two alphabets is the code for region and next three alphabets is the code for PF office. Accordingly, you can choose your regional PF office.
PF Code for many organizations is changed. You can check new PF code from your employer through the below mentioned link.
4- Fill You EPF Number
Look below, this is the next page for filling you PF number.
- In the PF account number row the first two columns must be pre-filled according to your choice of OF office.
- In the third column you have to fill the company or establishment code. Your colleagues must have similar code in their salary slip. The number should not be more than 7 digits. It can be less than 7 digits, no issues.
- In the fourth column normally you should not fill anything unless there is extension number in your PF number. Check if there are three numbers given in your PF number. If yes, then the only middle number would be filled in the fourth column.
- Last and fifth column is for your PF number. It should not be more than 7 digits.
- In the second row, you have to fill your name as in the payslip.
- In the third row, you have to give mobile number. at this number you will get the PF balance information through SMS.
- Finally you must Agree to the terms.
Get PF Balance Details Through SMS
After submitting above details you must get SMS about your PF balance. SMS would be like following
EPF balance in account number XX/XXX/*******/***/***** is EE Amt: ₹ *****, AMT: ₹ ****** as on )-EPFO
Note that amount is divided under two heads, The first one ‘EE’ is the employee contribution. While second one ‘ER’ is the contribution from the employer. You will see that employer contribution is less. This is because some amount of its contribution goes towards a pension scheme (maximum 541 rupees per month).
Along with this method of PF balance check. There are other methods to know the PF account balance status. The UAN portal not only gives tells you the PF balance status, but also the entire PF passbook.